Surgical Pearls of Exxcellence
Columbia University - New York, NY
The Mary & Michael Jaharis Simulation Center
September 22 & 23, 2018 - (1.5 Day Program)
Sponsored by: The Foundation for Exxcellence in Women's Health
The Foundation for Exxcellence in Women's Health is pleased to announce our newest course offering: Surgical Pearls of Exxcellence.
Arnold P. Advincula. MD
Chief of Gynecology
Kenneth H. Kim. MD
University of Alabama, Birmingham
Drawing topics from our incredibly popular “Pearls of Exxcellence” series covering some of the toughest subjects in Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgical Pearls of Exxcellence will provide:
- Targeted content for residents, fellows, practitioners and surgical educators specific to gynecologic surgery and focusing on the more difficult subjects, methods and procedures.
- This workshop integrates cognitive and psycho-motor pearls, taught by nationally recognized surgeon educators, over 1.5 days (Saturday/Sunday).
- Hands-on training will incorporate both low & high-fidelity simulators as well as cadaveric-based models.
- Formulate safe and efficient approaches to vaginal hysterectomy and advanced endoscopic procedures such as laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Identify the differences among the various electrosurgical devices and energy sources available.
- Practice various laparoscopic suturing & dissection techniques and how to successfully incorporate these skills into minimally invasive gynecologic procedures.
- Acquire various tips and tricks for managing and minimizing the risks of complications in operative laparoscopy, robotics & hysteroscopy.
- Perform safe peritoneal access during laparoscopy.
- Incorporate strategies for navigating pelvic anatomy, patient positioning, peritoneal access, uterine manipulation, tissue extraction and managing obesity.
- Practice various diagnostic & operative hysteroscopic techniques.
- Develop a practical approach to the minimally invasive surgical management of fibroids, pelvic adhesive disease, endometriosis and adnexal masses.
Gynecology professionals who want to understand the latest methods, procedures, techniques and equipment in gynecologic surgery, and get hands-on experience.
- Ob/Gyn Residents & Fellows
- Practitioners specific to gynecologic surgery
- Educators in gynecologic surgery
|Course Dates||Location||Application Dates|
|Sep 22 - Sep 23, 2018||New York, NY||Course Complete|
Registration & Payment
Registration Fee Per Student: $500.00
Register Now! Our very focused agenda and low teacher to student ratio will limit class size to 24. Application and registration can be accomplished on our website:
Registration period ends May 7, 2018. Applications are received and processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Accepted attendees will be notified by May 15, 2018 via email, at which time registration fee must be paid either via the online portal or by check. All payments must be received by The Foundation no later than May 25, 2018. Review panel reserves the right to reject applications based on eligibility and candidate applicability.
Lodging, Travel & Accommodations
Lodging is not included in the course fee. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Columbia University is conveniently located in upper Manhattan, New York, NY. Numerous hotels are located within an easy commute from the course location.
Cancellations received prior to August 1, 2018 will be refunded minus $125 for administrative fees. No refunds will be made after this date. In the event this course is cancelled by The Foundation for Exxcellence in Women's Health, Inc. for any reason, attendees will be notified of course cancellation and a full refund will be issued. Attendees are responsible for cancelling their own hotel and airline reservations.
Contacts and More Information
The Foundation for Exxcellence in Women's Health, Inc.
Mrs. Judy A. Mayton, Program Coordinator
Click here to send us an email
phone: (214) 721-7513